Handbooks and Forms
Nursing Info & Medical Forms
Rae Ann Niles, our R.N. is at Brighton on Tuesday mornings, please email her with offers to volunteer for health check days or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medication Guidelines: Sometimes it is necessary for a child to take medication during the school day. All medications must be kept in the school health room and dispensed by the secretary, the nurse or a first responder. Medication can be dispensed to students only when the following guidelines have been met.
Prescription Medication In those circumstances where a student must take prescribed medication during the school day, the following guidelines are to be observed.
- Parents should, with their physician’s counsel, determine whether the medication schedule could be adjusted to avoid administering medication during school hours.
- The Medication Request and Authorization Form must be filed with the office before the student will be allowed to begin taking any medication during school hours.
- All medications must be registered with the office to be properly secured.
- Medication must not be expired.
- All medications brought to school must be in original containers with a labeled prescription.
- Any unused medication unclaimed by the parent will be destroyed by school personnel when a prescription is no longer to be administered or at the end of a school year.
Parents may authorize the school to administer a non-prescribed medication using a form, which is available at the school office. A physician does not have to authorize such medication, but all of the other conditions described above under Prescribed Medications will also apply to non-prescribed medications. The student may be authorized on the request form by his/her parent to self-administer the medication in the presence of a school staff member. No other exceptions will be made to these requirements. Any student who distributes a medication of any kind to another student or is found to possess a medication other than the one previously authorized is in violation of the School’s Code of Conduct and may be disciplined in accordance with the drug use provision of the Code.
Volunteer Background Check
We pride ourselves on our small family-feeling community and it takes the help of our volunteers to make it all work. All volunteers must go through a criminal background check and submit a confidentiality agreement. Please take a few minutes to fill out the required paperwork and send it to the office to become an approved volunteer for Brighton School. Thank you.
Click here for Volunteer Approval Paperwork